Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Theophilus London Concert

Photo by Nathan Bajar
was pretty cool the other night. Brooklyn Museum however, is not the place for concerts. It was tight and hot, the acoustics were crap, and the level of the ground made seeing the low ass stage very difficult. Not to mention whoever was in charge of audio should have turned Theophilus's mic way up. There was a live band doing instrumentals for his songs, which made his performance of "Flying Overseas" sound amazing with the guitar. The bass sounded so dope for "Why Even Try"also. And when he performed "GIRLS, GIRLS $" the crowd went WILD turkey.


He gave out a bunch of free T-shirts and Hats, they even made it rain on the audience with real money. Theophilus came out in a sparkly hat and jacket looking like a smoother version of Flavor Flav. And one girl said "He is so sexy to me," The things a flashy suit and some swag can do for a man. I'm tellin' ya. And the audience seemed to share his level of style. All the boys were intermittently chanting "SWAG,SWAG,SWAG!"  Someone said every girl in there was a 10. He was right. The guys looked good, but the girls looked great. As a whole, Brooklyn sure knows how to do it.
***
Photo by Nathan Bajar
So my sister and I were in the audience trying to figure out how I could give him the "Lovers" bracelet I had made him. We were in the back of the room contemplating when these girls near us said, "just go up there, he's mad cool about it." We pushed our way to the front, along with a bunch of other girls rushing the stage,  and we finally made our way up and got to go on stage :). We were dancing and then I pulled the black bracelet out and yelled " I made this for you!" I shoved it in his hand and he put it in his pocket. Then I jumped off stage and ran back to the girls who encouraged me to go up there. They were on a platform dancing. I joined them and gave one of them the white "lovers" bracelet. 
The next day my sister tweeted Theophilus about the bracelet and he replied:




Feels good, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment