Sunday, October 18, 2009

So....

I know it's been a while. I've been working on my Tumblr page for the past few weeks.
What's new?
Nothing is really new. I'm going to be changing my major next semester. Back to English. I really miss it. I feel like I'm starting to lose the desire to write a little. I haven't had to write for any of my classes this semester and I've been writing a little for fun lately but not as much as I want.
How's Temple?
Temple has been ok. I wanna go home a lot because I miss my friends and It's kind of been hard for me to not feel lonely around campus. I eat alone most of the time and I spend a lot of time in my room watching movies. I've been volunteering at an elementary school nearby and I've got friends there who work with me, but we're still at the beginning stages of friendship. Maybe I shouldn't complain. I've only been here for 2 months and It took me a year to make friends in Pompton Lakes and those are a majority of my closest friends. I'll get there with Temple.
Meet any interesting people?
As a matter of fact, yes I have.
See any good movies?
Yes, I recently watched the entire deepa mehta trilogy- Fire, Earth and Water and they were all very good if you like Indian culture, drama, and love stories, betrayal and profound sorrow.
I also saw Palindromes, which was very good. It was kind of strange, disturbing and it made me question my values in terms of the abortion debate.
The Tracey Fragments was another thrilling film about a girl (Ellen Page) who loses her brother. Its a story about blame, emotional tension, social alienation, and devastating let down. It was beautifully done. No happy ending here though.
I went to the movies and saw Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself. I really liked it. I always love Madea movies but this one had better acting, a good story line, although they are always the same-- someone gets treated badly by a man, then there's another man, a good man; but the woman doesn't realize it and then they go to church and they fall in love and she burns the bad man with grits or drowns him in a tub.
I also watched Towelhead. Another good movie. Its a story of realizing sexuality, growing up beyond the influences of your parent's cultures and pressures of your environment. It was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment