Thursday, November 5, 2009

Facebook and the Greater Net

Pauline Kitele

Pauline Kitele I am just itching to blog! but what about?

about an hour ago · ·
George A.
58 minutes ago · Delete
Pauline Kitele
Pauline Kitele
That's hard. (that's what she said)
50 minutes ago · Delete
Paul Theodore Price
48 minutes ago · Delete
Chrisi Thia Pin
Chrisi Thia Pin
omg em too but im getting tired so ima do it tomrorow lol
46 minutes ago · Delete
Mwikali Muyanga
Mwikali Muyanga
Txt me the link soo I can read! LOL
43 minutes ago · Delete
George A.
George A.
Just talk about how wonderful I am.

And auto-tune and the effects its having on today's music scene, and possible outcome for the next decade.
38 minutes ago · Delete
Pauline Kitele
Pauline Kitele
ok guys and will do muyanga. Im gonna start calling you by your last name from now on.
34 minutes ago · Delete
Mwikali Muyanga
Mwikali Muyanga
A lot of ppl tend to idk y???
32 minutes ago · Delete
Pauline Kitele
Pauline Kitele
because it sounds cool. its so african. mine is less interesting because it doesnt sound so extreme. its just confusing because you know its not american but you can't pin it
11 minutes ago · Delete
Mwikali Muyanga
10 minutes ago · Delete

THE GREAT thing about Facebook and the internet in general is that I can communicate with people I would not normally get to speak to in person.
It allows my thoughts to stream freely from my fingertips and coerces me to be a bit more revealing, spontaneous or candid than I may be in person.

Sometimes I spend days without speaking a single word to anyone, yet I've changed my status to cater to my mood several times on that day, "Liked" a link on Prince Paul's wall, written on Christina Pin's wall, left a picture comment for Muyanga, or commented on George Aliaga's status.

I don't even notice that I haven't said two words to anyone all day. Also, you make great connections and share funny and interesting experiences with people who are miles and miles away. Everyone gets heard. And opinions are expressed. (As for Autotune George, it's another example of the convenience movement. You don't need to be a good singer to make a hit. Just like I don't need to be an amazing writer for my voice to be heard. I also don't need a network to be famous. All I need is a camera and a Youtube account. This era is Grand!)

This is Journalism to me. I enjoy rapport between fellow air breathers and hearing their stories. We are each other's audience, community, and somewhat of a family. No, I don't know what I would do without The Interwebs.




No comments:

Post a Comment