Monday, May 3, 2010

Boondocks Season 3

SOOOO WE WAITED like a thousand years for the season 3 premier of THE BOONDOCKS and it finally came back last night. 


As much as I worship the ground Aaron McGruder walks on, I have to say I wasn't thrilled with last nights episode (which dealt with Obama's election). I understand that the show hasn't had any new episodes since the historic 2008 presidential election, but damn that was 2 years ago. It's old news. Maybe that's the problem-- the fact that the show has had a hiatus for that long has caused issues of relevance and perhaps even a loss of momentum among the audience. 


And I also wish there was a little more reflection in the story as to why Huey was so discontent with Obama in the first place. Is it me, or did the whole episode seem really unresolved? 


I will say however that the Will.I.Am ft Thugnificent song was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment