Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quick Little Rant: Old Music Better than New Music?

IT BUGS ME WHEN people complain about contemporary music being inauthentic, usually accrediting artists like Soulja Boy to the ruination of 'REAL' music. Yes, I hate that nigga just as much as the next person: hence I DON'T listen to him. (However, I have adopted a swag mechanism which I turn on every morning per his instructions.)
The reason crappy music becomes popular is because the people like it. If you personally don't like something, don't listen to it. Good music still exists. Talent is not synonymous with fame and popularity, So Soulja Boy and others like him (in all genres) haven't ruined anything. I personally believe a valuable artist is primarily good- and the rich and famous part comes second. I mean, isn't music composed of notes and not dollar signs? 
I say you should listen to the music you like and don't worry about what other people like.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever girl. Soulja Boy knows how to make music people like. Can't deny numbers. Only elitists think they are better for not liking mainstream music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't mind soulja boy. He is mainstream though i'll admit that, and he's not one of those down-to-earth writers and singers. I don't like Kesha....she annoys me.

    ReplyDelete