Sunday, December 6, 2009

LOC TOC: I hope this works.

THE BABIES were misbehaving. Because of the length, or lack thereof, a lot of these little coils in the front were getting loose and I feared they will never loc at this point. So I decided to take them out and braid them so they would be tighter. I don't know if it's wise to have some braided and the rest coiled but this entire journey of 12 days thus far has been one of trial and error I guess.

(I don't even have to tell you about when I tried to use Murray's Pomade to twist them in the beginning. FAIL.)

So I hope everything will go well with my semi-braid locked solution. But you know, the whole point of going natural is beginning to get lost in all this care, maintenance and unnecessary concern.

All in all, every journey is unique. What will be will be and I will deal accordingly with whatever situation my hair gets me into.

A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.
-John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment