Tuesday, December 1, 2009

LOC TOC: cloveham and fawning (sounds like street names

I STARTED the so called "loc journey" of my hair exactly a week ago on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009.

Without planning to document the whole thing as it is often done on youtube and various hair blogs, I didnt take any pictures, or really plan what I'm about to say right now in this blog post.

But what I would like to do is document some of the things i've experienced so far and answer some of the questions I've been asked, or that you might wonder about.Or that I might wonder about in the future and come back to read here.

I started the twists spontaneously. Lisa texted me saying "just twist it up already!" and so I did. It took me about 4 hours to finish and I did not go to bed until 2am on Wednesday morning. I used Organic Roots Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel because lots of people use it and it was cheaper than Jamaican Mango and Lime.

Now done up, my pre-locs are getting attention from various dread heads and dread admirers around school and at my after school volunteer work.

It's nice to recieve tips and guidance from people who appreciate the art of hair and locs and stuff like that. I'm no expert on this and I feel like my someday-locs are children being raised by a village.

Right now they are dawning on the awkward stage. In the beginning, my head looked like a cloved ham because of the sections with little nubs sticking out. They are beginning to fluff up, and stick in all directions, also, as it is recommended to not wash babylocs until about 6 weeks after they are done, they are quite ITCHY.

5 more weeks until a wash and retwist :0

still this is fun, and I can't wait to see how my babies progress!




No comments:

Post a Comment