Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Lovely Bones Movie Comes out Jan. 15th!



TWO QUALMS: I don't like they've casted this Menudo member lookin boy to play Ray Singh. He's supposed to be Indian. Is that a perm?I don't get it.

Also, why is Markie Mark playing Susie's father? He looks like he just walked over from the set of 'Invincible' OR 'Boogie Nights' and just never left (What is with him and 70's movies?)

Besides all that, I'm really anticipating this movie (Jan. 15) because I loved the book and I am one of those people who reads and then watches film adaptations with a discerning eye.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know. That one sex scene in the book nearly ruined an almost perfect book.

    Sex scenes always seem to do that. I was watching Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and the sex scene there ruined it for me as well. Its like they use sex as an ultimate sign of love but it just isn't needed.

    Then I saw The Holiday. That movie made it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I think you are right about the sex scene in the book ruining things. We knew she loved Ray but she didnt have to come back in the form of her sister and have sex with him. However I think the point of them having that intimacy was to give her a chance to take back what was stolen from her while she was still innocent.

    And I didn't finish Nick and Norah because it annoyed me how much they identified themselves by the music they listen to. It was the "Indie" kids statement against the shallow "mainstream" kids. Super shallow in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I hadn't even considered that. Good looks Pauline.

    ReplyDelete